[tkinter] two questions regarding Canvas

mlauer at amalia-atm.rz.uni-frankfurt.de mlauer at amalia-atm.rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon May 31 12:05:57 EDT 1999

Howdy, though I'm gaining knowledge through
browsing through all the available documentation
(that is, the tkinter life-preserver, tkinter.py
and the tk/tcl documentation) some things
remain misterious...

For instance:

a) Does the tk Canvas support "inplace" editing of
text items or what are the functions Canvas.icursor
and Canvas.focus for ? If so, how ? For instance,
binding the <Any-Enter> to a text item function,
which sets icursor and focus doesn't work for me
(yes, the canvas has the current focus)

b) Does the Canvas support a visible selection
of items (such as a boundaring rectangle or so)
on its own or have I to do this via binding <Any-Enter>
and <Any-Leave> ?

Have a nice day!

--
    Regards & Gruesse from Mickey @ http://www.Vanille.de