while (a=b()) ...

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Sat May 15 15:58:22 EDT 1999

On Sat, 15 May 1999 18:41:26 GMT, Jim Meier wrote:

>> and I'm pretty sure the subset of infinity that
>> doesn't start with an underscore is a decent
>> approximation...

>The subset of infinity that does not start with an underscore is exactly 50%.
>(every item that does has a corresponding item that doesn't.)
>1/2 of infinity is not a very good approximation, I'd say!

I don't think so -- what the symbol which pairs with "_" or "__"?

>> > Can we make "for" into "for each"?

>> why not? (as long as you don't name the result
>> Python, I don't mind ;-).  change "and" to "and
>> then" and "or" to "or else" at the same time!

>I vote for the Intercal convention of prefixing lines with "please", "do", or
>"please do" for legibility.

This is a good idea.  INTERCAL (please spell it right!) pioneered many
facinating and usel^Hful concepts, such as "please", "COME FROM", and the
swizzle and mingle operators.

Python should certainly learn from INTERCAL.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley
"But you shall not escape my iambics."