The way to a faster python [was Python IS slow !]

Martijn Faassen faassen at pop.vet.uu.nl
Tue May 4 15:53:05 EDT 1999

Evan Simpson wrote:

> Did your inquiries from January (http://dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=434441467)
> bear fruit, or are you ready to start coding? <wink>

In fact I mailed the webmaster of www.python.org on starting a topic but
heard nothing back, and thus I conveniently forgot about it. :) Well,
not forgot, but no inquiries. I should do them sometime, though!

I haven't done much coding. I looked at the parser framework some, but
I'm afraid I'm going to need loads of time or lots of help.

> I think about this at
> least once a week, but I haven't done enough research on type inference or
> the semantics of the interface with C to really move forward.

I haven't thought much about the Python-Swallow interface myself, but
type inference (as I tried to demonstrate) wouldn't really be necessary
to start, and could be added later.

> Martijn Faassen wrote in message <372F2973.CF6ACAD at pop.vet.uu.nl>...
> [SPython reborn as a Swallow]
>
> So-many-projects-so-little-free-time-ly y'rs

True, true. :)

Martijn