Python COM from ASP

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu May 6 07:42:28 EDT 1999

The Python object is being loaded as a DLL.

The answer depends on the configuration of ASP.  For a single process, the
Python DLL is only loaded once, but many Python language objects may be
created from that single instance.  ASP may or may not be using a single
process for all you Python calls (and probably is if they are in the same
ASP application)

Alternatively, you can register the Python object so that it will use a
.EXE, although the DLL version is generally better...

Mark.