python-mode.el and wxPython app

Alexander V. Voinov avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Thu May 6 15:37:47 EDT 1999

Alex Rice wrote:

> "Alexander V. Voinov" wrote:
>
> > So, do *not* launch a Python subshell in emacs but use C-u 1 C-c C-c
> > instead in your source buffer.
> > When it is run asynchonously you will see all your stdout in
> > *Python-output* during your app execution. I hacked the corresponding piece
> > in python-mode to make it run always asynchronously.
>
> Hmm... I tried  C-u 1 C-c C-c and it's still not working for me.
> I'm trying some of the wxWindows demos too.

I checked this on a Linux box (my Windows version of python-mode is too hacked).
It works, BTW C-u C-c C-c is enough. The problem is that the current working
directory disappears from the sys.path, and includes instead the tmp dir
(/usr/tmp on Linux). I don't remember whether I experienced this problem on
win32.

> I would be interested to see what you have done to python-mode.el and
> what vars you are setting in your .emacs as well, because this problem
> has me pretty confused. My lisp is poor as well.

See my emacs stuff at ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/avv/emacs/

Regards

Alexander