while (a=b()) ... infinite sets digression

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Wed May 19 08:51:10 EDT 1999

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Greg Ewing wrote:

> Chad Netzer wrote:
> >
> >  So, there are infinitely more strings which start with underscores than
> >  do not,

<snipped pointless pseudo-paradoxical non truths>
> Tricky and dangerous beasts, these infinities!

OK, here it is: all infinite sets of strings are of power aleph null,
which is the same as that of the natural numbers. Any future discussions
should be moved to sci.math, where the participants can be properly flamed
for not having a clue in set theory <0.5 wink>

and-the-next-one-to-post-a-reply-here-will-be-spammed-with-Saharon-Shelah's-
-pcf-theory-so-help-me-god-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
QOTD: My own exit is more likely to be horizontal then perpendicular.