Newbie:Considering using Python. Arrays?, Pointers?

aaron_watters at my-dejanews.com aaron_watters at my-dejanews.com
Mon May 24 09:08:09 EDT 1999

> Attached is a small "C" program that I wrote years ago that used
pointers to
> "linked lists" of "structures" (it finds the best match for the
parallel
> combination of two resistors...that should give away my real
profession...E.E).
> Admittedly, it is not very readable and would probably be less
readable in
> PERL. Also, the output data formatting is dreadfull and at one point I
think I
> just gave up making it "prettier".

If you provide a high level description of what the program is
intended to do, I bet the Python equivalent is 1/3 to 1/10 the size
(and at least 10x slower, but you won't notice the difference,
I think).  In fact I bet the Python program is shorter than your
high level description, maybe by half :).

Please don't expect us to read the C unless you are willing to
pay hourly at market rates :).
   -- Aaron Watters http://www.chordate.com

===
Everybody have fun tonight