Python, Tkinter and Tcl (newbie alert)

M.A.Miller miller at uinpluxa.npl.uiuc.edu
Fri May 21 16:12:14 EDT 1999

I know you said you don't want to port your tcl to python, but I
thought I'd mention this anyway.

    > The main reason I wrote it in Tcl is that is what had the
    > GPIB library.

The python/GPIB interface from the linux lab project might be
useful if you or someone else did want to access gpib devices
from python.  If you're using a different platform, it might be a
good starting place for wrapping whatever library you are using.
(Caveat - I haven't used this interface - I'm just reporting that
it exists).  Alternatively, look into generating a python wrapper
with SWIG for your library.

Mike

ftp://ftp.llp.fu-berlin.de/pub/linux/LINUX-LAB/IEEE488/contrib/