Any advice for a beginner?

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sun May 30 02:43:46 EDT 1999

Simon Speichert wrote:

> My point is this; it's a *huge* language, and I have no idea where to start.
> I'm past "Hello, world!" and I don't know where to go next. Any advice would
> be much appreciated.

I suggest playing with list and dictionairies: make a dictonairy and get the
keys, get the value of key X, etc. This is one of the few things which is
useful for almost all tasks. Try to convert a list to a dictionairy:
['a',1,'b',2,'c',3] becomes

Have fun!
regards,
Gerrit.

--
The Dutch Linuxgames website.		De Nederlandse Linuxgames pagina.
Everything about games on Linux.	Alles over spelletjes onder Linux.