How slow? (was Re: Python IS slow !)

David Steuber trashcan at david-steuber.com
Sat May 1 19:12:57 EDT 1999

Exactly how slow are we talking about here?  I haven't done any of my
own testing yet.  The tiny script that produces my signature runs fast
enough not to be noticed as different from an ordinary signature file
(it writes to a named pipe, code was posted here before).

I want to use Python for an interactive program.  Speed is nice, but
it only has to be fast enough to not frustrate the user.  I also
expect to use it for prototyping.  The plan is to use the Python
interpreter in the application for an extension and control language.
Again, speed is nice, but it may not be critical.

--
David Steuber   |   s/trashcan/david/ if you wish to reply by mail

Help fight continental drift.