Set Pythonpath on NT/95/98 without Win32 extensions

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat May 15 11:37:54 EDT 1999

Mike Fletcher <mfletch at vrtelecom.com> wrote:
> I have now prepared a four or five module package, and am all ready to
> distribute it, but, for the life of me, I can't see how to set the python
> path (stored in the registry) without the Win32 extensions.
>
> I suppose I could suggest that people drop the package directly into their
> lib directory, but that seems, well, wrong.  I could tell them how to edit
> their registry, but first, they are not necessarily technical, and second,
> that is ugly as hell as an installation solution.

if you run the "regedit" utility with a filename as argument,
it imports the contents of that file, and then exits.

(same as the "Registry / Import Registry File" or whatever
that menu entry is called in an english version of Windows)

to see what the file looks like, try exporting a portion
of the registry...

</F>