method grid_remove in class Grid

SysProg - Nathan Paul Simons enigma at tcct.nmt.edu
Wed May 5 16:41:22 EDT 1999

	Has anyone noticed that there is no way to remove a grid in
Tkinter?  One of the professors I work with is working on a Python
program for the Mac and he found that it always crashed whenever he
tried to call grid_remove.  It doesn't exist in the code, so he
suggested this little fix:

in Tkinter.py:

class Grid:
	# Thanks to Masazumi Yoshikawa (yosikawa at isi.edu)
	def grid_configure(self, cnf={}, **kw):
		apply(self.tk.call,
		      ('grid', 'configure', self._w)
		      + self._options(cnf, kw))
	grid = configure = config = grid_configure
	bbox = grid_bbox = Misc.grid_bbox
	columnconfigure = grid_columnconfigure = Misc.grid_columnconfigure
	def grid_forget(self):
		self.tk.call('grid', 'forget', self._w)
	# AMS 10/28/98: was missing!  Added, following grid_forget().
	def grid_remove(self):
		self.tk.call('grid', 'remove', self._w)

I figured I would ask about this before reporting it as a bug, mainly
because I couldn't find the bug report instructions (or form).  Where
are the instructions for reporting a bug?  And is this a bug?

Nathan Paul Simons   enigma at nmt.edu   http://www.nmt.edu/~enigma
New Mexico Tech Computer Center       Speare 20            x5748
Systems Programmer - Macs, Linux/UNIX apps, printing, ftp, etc