COM Shutdown

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Wed May 19 22:17:15 EDT 1999

I have an app using Automation to talk to Office 2000. It doesn't shut
down properly. It just hangs when it is done. I'm creating and accessing a
lot of objects so debugging this will be pretty painful. Does anyone out
there have any tips?

I can delete everything in the local namespace and it doesn't help:

for key in locals().keys():
    del locals()[key]

So it doesn't seem to be object deletion but some other shutdown issue.
Any ideas?

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"It's only a movie. People should get a life."
 - George Lucas (http://www.nypost.com/news/9025.htm)