Python 1.5.2 documentation

Hrvoje Niksic hniksic at srce.hr
Mon May 24 14:54:11 EDT 1999

"Fred L. Drake" <fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us> writes:

> Hrvoje Niksic writes:
>  > www.python.org are in a file named `info-1.5.2b2.tgz'.  Are those the
>  > latest files, or are the a left-over from a previous beta?
>
> The most recent version of the HTML broke the GNU info conversion,
> and I don't know enough about the conversion to fix it myself.  I'll
> welcome updates to the conversion or even simply updated info
> documents.
>
> The file on the server, info-1.5.2b2.tgz, is the most recent GNU
> info conversion.  It should serve most purposes, but is missing some
> bug fixes and new sections.

That's a shame.  Unfortunately I cannot help with the conversion,
since Python is written in "non-standard" (as far as Info is
concerned) LaTeX.

But I would appreciate it /very/ much if it were possible to have the
up-to-date Info documentation again, as I use Info all the time.  I
find Info docs much easier to search and faster to read than HTML.