Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 10:08:08 EDT 1999

     This may have something to do with dependent shared libraries.  I'm
still a bit puzzled.

     (If I compile the "stackmod.c" extending Python example from
Programming Python, I can import it.  It doesn't depend on any other
user-created shared objects.)

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com

Randall Hopper:

 |------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |> uname -s -p -r -v -m
 |OSF1 V4.0 386 alpha
 |
 |> ld -shared  -rpath /home/rhh/test -L/home/rhh/test \
 |  -o A.so TMP/*.o \
 |  -lXext -lXm -lXt -lX11 -lfor -lUfor -lots -lm -lrpcsvc -lc -lm
 |
 |> ld -shared  -rpath /home/rhh/test -L/home/rhh/test \
 |  -o Bc.so Bc_wrap.o \
 |  A.so -lXext -lXm -lXt -lX11  -lfor -lUfor \
 |  -lots -lm  -lc;  rm -f so_locations
 |

 |> file Bc.so
 |Bc.so:      COFF format alpha shared library, demand paged executable \
 |or object module not stripped - version 3.11-10
 |
 |> python
 |Python 1.5.2 (#1, May 20 1999, 13:33:13) [C] on osf1V4
 |Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam

 |Traceback (innermost last):
 |  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
 |ImportError: dlopen: cannot load ./Bc.so

 |--