import extension module

Xiaohong Yuan xhyuan at oe.fau.edu
Mon May 17 11:11:36 EDT 1999

Could anybody help me with the following problem?

I am working on QNX, my Python version is 1.5. I am changing some c file
to Python extensions. The name of the c file is smmodule.c. It is compiled
into smmodule.so. It is under my home directory, e.g., /home/xhyuan/mytest.

I then do the following operation:

python
>>import sm

It reports:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?  ImportError: No module named sm

I also added explicitly my directory to sys.path, but the same error is
reported. I don't think it is the path problem, since when I import a
"*.py" file under the same directory, it doesn't report any error. Is it
something related to the QNX system?

Xiaohong Yuan