Python mailing list vs. References: (was Re: My quarterly question on Design by Contract in Python...)

Carey Evans c.evans at clear.net.nz
Thu May 13 07:10:46 EDT 1999

aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) writes:

> I've noticed that posts from both Tim Peters and David Ascher are coming
> through unthreaded, and I suspect it's because either either the mailing
> list software or their mailers are not preserving the References: line
> correctly.  Is there anything that can be done about this?

I'm not exactly surprised that Outlook doesn't generate a References:
header.

However, at least the In-Reply-To header it inserts seems to contain a
valid Message-ID, which your software (and mine) could use to thread
the articles, if someone wrote the code to do so.

	     "I'm not a god.  I've just been misquoted."