[Tkinter] Placing an image on exact position

Def P def-p at usa.net
Sun May 9 17:20:01 EDT 1999

Hello,

I've been trying to write some kind of board game in Python. I'd like to use
Tkinter for graphics. So far, I've managed to display a grid (the playing
board) in a window; however, I did not find a way to display the pieces (which
are GIF images) on the canvas the way I want it.

Looking at Demos\guido\imageview.py, apparently a Label instance is needed to
display an image? How do I display this Label in the grid (the canvas) on a
certain x,y position? Or is there another way to display images?

TIA,