MS Access recordset problem w/python

Bill Wilkinson yopen at my-dejanews.com
Thu May 13 14:05:58 EDT 1999

Question for those who have used Python with Access.

I am having a strange problem with Python and MS Access.  What happens
is this:  I have a table in Access that is open.  If I delete some
records from the table, and then run a python script that uses the
table, the number of records remaining is wrong (I get the old value
before I made deletions).  The only way to get the proper record count
is to close the table in Access.

I have tried all the tricks, such as moving to the last record and then
checking for the record count.  This problem does not exist if you are
using VBA to check the recordcount.

Are there some refresh methods that I am missing somewhere?