OT docs was: Re: pygtk documentation?

Fred L. Drake fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue May 25 10:25:52 EDT 1999

Friedrich Dominicus writes:
 > There a book out there. Developing Linux Applications with GTK+ and GDB
 > maybe that can give you some information?

  I started reading this book before doing any programming with gtk+
(from any language), and it was a tolerable introduction.  It has
problems, but those can mostly be ignored easily.  It is *not* a
reference manual, unfortunately, and the index is very incomplete.
  The "GTK+ Reference Documentation Project" at www.gtk.org seems
questionable as an open source project: too many paragraphs of the
introduction to the project start with "Although the details have not
yet been finalized, ...".  This is not likely to encourage
contributions.  Contributors want to know what the license on their
contributions will be!
  Someone with a bent toward writing documentation would find good
reference material on Gtk+ (in C or Python) would be well-received.
As would an up-to-date tutorial.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>