A Python take on "Programming Web Graphics with Perl and..."

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Fri May 7 13:28:36 EDT 1999

In article <3732720F.DCDA68BB at webone.com.au>, Stuart Hungerford
<stuart.hungerford at webone.com.au> wrote:

> but I was wondering if there's an equivalent set of
> Python libraries for doing everything the book contains
> but with Python?
>
> In my reading so far, that's:
>
>  - Using GD for generating GIFs
>  - PerlMagick for controlling ImageMagick
>  - Charts and graphs with GIFgraph
>  - Scripting the Gimp
>  - Creating Postscript documents via Perl

Ick -- if you're going to create documents via Perl, what's the point
of using Python?  OK, Python+Perl is better than Perl alone, but
still... check out PIDDLE, which can directly create documents in a
variety of formats (when it's done, which it is not quite yet):

      http://www.strout.net/python/piddle/

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe at strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |
Check out the Mac Web Directory!    http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi