[Tkinter] Drag & drop?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat May 15 11:15:32 EDT 1999

> My question is easy, the answer possibly not... How can I do drag & drop in
> Tkinter? I know from PySol that it's possible...

does pysol use real drag and drop, or does it just move items
around on a canvas?  two radically different things.

>can't figure out how to do it though. :(  Anybody have a clue?

Tk doesn't support DnD at all, but you can do your own
inter-widget intra-application DnD with a bit of wizardry.
see the Tkdnd.py module in the standard distribution for
one way to do it.

</F>