Help, how to override <= operator

Clemens Hintze cle at qiao.in-berlin.de
Sun May 23 17:33:00 EDT 1999

Michael Hudson <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

>cle at qiao.in-berlin.de (Clemens Hintze) writes:

[...]

>> No I meant EVER! :-)

>"always" is a more English word in this context. "ever" does mean the
>same, but it's a bit archaic. I thought I knew what you meant the
>first time, for what it's worth.

Oops :-} English is not my mothertongue as you have already guessed
for sure. So I didn't know, that "ever" is not the right word here.
Sorry!

>> [...]
>>
>> >I'm a bit confused about what you here.

[...]

>Fine, just don't ever do this when you are initializing a variable
>with a mutable value or you're likely to confuse yourself. This was
>the source of my recent diatribe against class variables on this list
>(although I've moderated my position a little since then).

Oh, I think that is one of the typically Python traps. Everybody has
to step in one time, at least :-)))

As I also trapped in, I have learnt my lesson already :-}}

So I only initialize them with immutable values. Except I really need
a mutable. So I am trained to pay attention if I see mutables in class
definition statements. :-)

[...]

>I-apologize-if-you-knew-this-already-ly y'rs Michael

These is nothing to apologize. I every day learn new things, and I
welcome it. :-)))

We-cannot-all-named-Tim-Peters-ly y'rs Clemens.