Gettin regular Python and JPython to communicate interproces

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue May 18 09:37:32 EDT 1999

Bob Horvath writes:
>interested in that Swing then becomes an option.  If I can learn only one
>GUI, then Swing would probably be of more use to me, as then I could
>leverage that knowledge when writing Java, or even if I wanted to do some
>JPython applets.

	Note that no browsers currently come with Swing, so writing
applets using Swing is impractical, unless you have the user add
swing.jar to the jar files for their browser or download the 1.4Mb of
Swing code when running the applet.  It's highly aggravating, because
Swing is much more flexible than AWT, but AWT is really your only
choice when writing applets.

_Prospero's Books_ is the _Terminator 2_ for intellectuals.
    -- Peter Greenaway