Quick question: forcing exec() within a specific namespace

Ken Kinder ken at _nospam_ken.x13.com
Wed May 26 00:49:42 EDT 1999

Sarino Suon wrote:

> In the interactive interpreter, when I call exec(), whatever objects are
> created belong to the __main__ module. What if I need the objects to be
> attached to a specific object, such as a class instance? Can this be done?
>
>                                                         --- Sarino

Yeah, it can.  Here's how it works: exec(code, [, globals [, locals ] ])

Globals and locals are namespaces, in dictionary form.  By default, the
name space of the calling code is used.