Python/beeper connectivity

Sarino Suon pioneer at wam.umd.edu
Wed May 19 12:39:10 EDT 1999

Hi there:

In one of the Python books, the author refers to an anecdote in ANOTHER
Python book about a guy who created a Python program to beep him whenever
an exception occurred. I thought that was neat when I first read about it.
Has anyone done anything like this? I would like to explore using my
computer to talk to household appliances and other electronic
devices, which I assume are especially designed to interface with a PC.

Since I now trust Python to take over my computer, I wouldn't mind letting
it run my house. :-)

Is anyone into this sort of thing? Would love to hear from you.

							--- Sarino