wxPython [was Re: How does Tk compare to Swing for GUI for Python]

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Fri May 21 02:26:14 EDT 1999

guppy wrote in message <374322f5.58380444 at news.bctel.ca>...
>On 18 May 1999 19:23:01 GMT, graham at sloth.math.uga.edu (Graham Matthews)
>wrote:
>
>>guppy (invalid.address at do.not.email) wrote:
>>: Any reason you wouldn't stay sane, and use wxPython?  It does what you
>>: want, and extremely well.
>>
>>What platforms dows wxPython run on?
>
>Hit http://alldunn.com/wxPython/ and follow the link to the wxWindows site.
>Platforms will be listed there.  Windows, X, Mac are three of them. I
>believe there are others.

wxPython currently runs on *nix with GTK and on Win32.  If somebody asks
real nice I can probably make it work for Motif as well.  (As soon as some
recent changes to wxWindows are propogated to the Motif port.)

The good news is that a beta for wxWindows on the Mac was announced today so
if someone will volunteer to maintain that version of wxPython (or give me a
Mac and a C++ compiler) then we may soon have that platform nailed down as
well.

--
Robin Dunn
robin at AllDunn.com