Concrete Proposal: while ... and while ...

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at idt.ntnu.no
Wed May 19 07:50:51 EDT 1999

cwebster at math.tamu.edu (Corran Webster) writes:

> Last night, after reading the latest assignment in expressions thread, I
> went and hacked together a patch which implements the proposed
>
> while:
> and while test:

I thought the Guido-approved version had a condition on the first as
well (i.e. an expansion of the standard while loop)?

Thus:

while 1:
and while something:

Of course, that doesn't remove the ugliness of the "while 1" but it
does alleviate the use of "break". I guess your suggestion actually
adds the syntax of "while:" for "while 1:" as well -- or is it only in
the use with "and while" that it is permitted?
--

  Magnus
  Lie