wierdness with pythonwin dialogs, threads & refcounts

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jun 21 18:34:10 EDT 1999

Dave Kirby wrote in message <376e53a0.24292290 at nnrp.uk.insnet.net>...

>I am still climbing the learning cliff of Win32 threads so I dont know
>if it is the approved way of doing it, but it seems to work well
>enough for my purposes.

Well, seeing as that is the only way that works, I would say it is
"approved" :-)

The MFC threading stuff is almost identical to a Python thread created with
the thread or threading modules.  Indeed, to Python, they are identical.
The only difference I can see if that we have a real MFC thread backing this
thread.

At some stage I will try and sort this out so standard Python threads also
work correctly...

Mark.