[ANN] DejaGrabber 0.1 -- search Dejanews with Python

Bruce Fletcher befletch at my-deja.com
Sat Jun 26 01:30:16 EDT 1999

In article <7l0520$qe4$1 at news.wrc.xerox.com>,
  "Val Bykoski" <vbykovsk at sdsp.mc.xerox.com> wrote:
> Neel:
> This looks really great..
> But I have this:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?
>   File "C:\Program Files\Py152\Lib\httplib.py", line 51, in __init__
>     if host: self.connect(host, port)
>   File "C:\Program Files\Py152\Lib\httplib.py", line 79, in connect
>     self.sock.connect(host, port)
>   File "<string>", line 1, in connect
> error: (10065, 'winsock error')
>
> when i am trying to reach www.python.org thru a proxy (www.mc.xerox.com).
> How to handle this proxy-related situation?
>
> Thanx -- val

Well, I can't access www.mc.xerox.com; presumably it is Xerox internal
use only.  I was wondering if this machine would be a Windows box by any
chance, possibly running WinProxy?  Your problem looks exactly like one I
had with WinProxy on an NT box.  WinProxy is slightly broken.  The
authors intend to fix it in their next release, but for now you would
need to add a workaround (kindly provided to me by a reader of this
group) to your Python libraries.  Unfortunately I don't have the fix
here, it is on my firewalled machine at work.  You could search for the
fix in this group; just search for WinProxy.

If this isn't your problem, I guess it is something else...

Good luck,
- Bruce

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/