Advice for Newbie

Wesley Phoa doctorwes at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 27 00:30:33 EDT 1999

_Learning Python_ is much better than _Programming Python_, which is a bit
disorganized and hard to follow, and also a bit dated. And if you're
interested in the win32 extensions, or in JPython, then _Learning Python_ is
definitely the place to start. It also has some useful sections on 'gotchas'
that beginners (like me) often run into.

But, I have to say, I found that after a glance through the books, it was
pretty easy just to start writing Python code with the occasional glance at
the online documentation. And the code just works. Totally different from my
experience learning C.

Wesley.

http://www.rahul.net/aahz/