Starting a project: any hints?

mgutierrez at dss.es mgutierrez at dss.es
Thu Jun 17 11:12:14 EDT 1999

In article <19990617154643.A1680 at optiplex.palga.uucp>,
  Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hello python-aholics,
>
> I'm a 13-years-old-boy and I've about half a year programming
experience. And

[snip]
I started a similar project called Lritaunas Peki , currently this
project is quite ''frozen'' ( or dead) : www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina

I have started nearly a dozen of small (freeware) projects and I
can give you some pieces of advice:
- Make your program works from the very first day , it doesn't matter
if it barely works.
- Don't be ambitious, be humble and try easier/simpler things always.
- Involve other people in the project, keeping an open mind and a lot
of patience!
- Post a lot about it in newsgroups and freshmeat.
- Work a lot in your project, if you don't nobody will it do for you!
- Use python, it's by far the best thing you can use: objects and
readibility.

I wish you luck, boy.
And remember if you don't succeed at the first time,... next will be
Manolo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/