CGI module misbehaving?

aaron_watters at my-deja.com aaron_watters at my-deja.com
Tue Jun 8 08:53:57 EDT 1999

In article <Pine.LNX.4.04.9906071320360.5443-
100000 at emerald.netskate.ru>,
  phd at sun.med.ru wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Jim Meier wrote:
> > if form.has_key["name"]:
>
> if form.has_key("name"):
>
>    has_key is a function!

This is one of my most common typos for some reason.

Also I'd note that for cgi use you really should use a gadfly
server for safety.  It is conceivable that two cgi clients could
access the database at once otherwise and the updates from
one of them would probably get lost.  It will also probably run
faster if the database gets big.

  --  Aaron Watters http://www.chordate.com

===

May your hemorroids heal without surgery.
   -- blessing from "Bored of the Rings"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/