COM dates

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Jun 10 04:30:57 EDT 1999

Gaetan Corneau wrote:

> Another question: why no "strptime" function under WIN32? This function is
> not, as far as I know, difficult to implement.

You could check out mxDateTime. It has COM date support, strptime()
and also a much more powerful date/time parser:

	http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxDateTime.html

Not sure how you would convert the Win32 PyTime objects into
DateTime objects though. If they implement the int() APIs, then
DateTimeFromTicks(pyTime) will do, otherwise there's also a
constructor DateTimeFromCOMDate(comdate) which takes the raw
COM date float as argument.

Mark ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   204 days left