linking C++ extensions for Python & autoconf?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.xerox.com
Wed Jun 2 22:35:41 EDT 1999

I've got an autoconf issue that perhaps some of you can shed some
light on.  I'd like to generate a shared library (DLL) containing C++
subroutines that would then be loaded into a non-C++ program, like a
Python or Java VM.  To do this, the shared library must be linked with
with not only the application C++ code, but also any C++ libraries
that the system may use, so that we don't get "unresolved symbol"
errors when the VM loads the shared library.

How can I find out, in an autoconf configure script, what these
libraries are?

Any ideas?  Or is this perhaps well-known?  I'm not a C++ guru.

Bill