Newbie: Truth values (three-valued logic)

aaron_watters at my-deja.com aaron_watters at my-deja.com
Thu Jun 17 14:59:32 EDT 1999

> Actually, after looking at the documentation for the operator module,
> think that there's a documentation problem -- reading it, one would
think
> that there is a __not__ special method, but it is not supported by the
> core.  I think a special comment should be added to the doc to that
> effect.

Ah but should this change?  This is not all that different
from rich comparisons!  Shouldn't

    not A<B

give the same result as

    A>=B

(at least for appropriate A, B)?  Of course then

    A>B or A==B

should also give the same result.

Hey, if we're gonna get rich comparisons, let's go all
the way.  But, as you say, you can't do it *now*.

   -- Aaron Watters http://www.chordate.com

===

no plan.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/