tarlib.py

Oleg Broytmann phd at emerald.netskate.ru
Thu Jun 24 03:55:48 EDT 1999

Hi!

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Holger Jannsen wrote:
> Sorry for asking newbie-questions again:
> How could I start extern Gnu-tar inside of python,
> or any other program outside of python?
> I think 'execfile' is not the thing...

   execfile executes (actaully, interprets) python files. To run a program,
you need the os module and its system() or exec*() functions. Please
rememeber, Mr Newbie, on UNIX exec*() call stops current program and
repplaces it with new one, where system() just runs a program, waits for
completion and returns...

> thanx,
> Holger

Oleg.