An Adventure in Python and Xanadu Docuverse Tumblers

Jeff Rush jrush at summit-research.com
Thu Jun 24 07:03:54 EDT 1999

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:42:08, Martin Pool <martinp at mincom.com> wrote:

> Kirby Urner wrote:
> > Like C (and unlike Java), Python permits operator overloading,
> > so if we have A and B defined as quadray objects, then we can
> > write C = A+B and get a new quadray object that's the sum of
> > the two, just as we'd expect in a textbook math notation.

I missed the beginning of this thread, but if you are talking about
some form of tuple addition, I've implemented Ted Nelson's (of
Xanadu Hypertext fame) transfinite tumbler arithmetic in Python at:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/xanadu/

If you aren't talking about that, well, never mind... <grin>

-Jeff Rush