Green or Red for stderr under IDLE?

MK mark at _spamspamlovelyspam_btweng.krakow.pl
Sat Jun 19 05:38:03 EDT 1999

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:26:11 GMT, Sam Schulenburg <sams at quinta.com> wrote:

>I notice that stderr for the IDLE environmnet is defaulted to green for
>it's color. Is this a standard anywhere or should it be defaulted to
>red?

>I find that on all the releases that I have used, I have to reset its
>value to red as I use this feature to print out error messages on the
>status of the scripts that I run.

IDLE | Help | Help:

Tips:
	To change the font on Windows, open EditorWindow.py and change
	    text['font'] = ("verdana", 8)
	to, e.g.,
	    text['font'] = ("courier new", 10)

	To change the Python syntax colors, edit the tagdefs table in
	ColorDelegator.py; to change the shell colors, edit the tagdefs
	table in PyShell.py.

Pyshell.py:

    tagdefs.update({
        ##"stdin":   {"background": "yellow"},
        "stdout":  {"foreground": "blue"},
        "stderr":  {"foreground": "#007700"},
        "console": {"foreground": "#770000"},
        "ERROR":   {"background": "#FF7777"},
        None:      {"foreground": "purple"}, # default
    })

MK

Reality is something that does not disappear after
you cease believing in it - VALIS, Philip K. Dick

Delete _spamspamlovelyspam_ from address to email me

postmaster at 127.0.0.1
root at 127.0.0.1
webmaster at 127.0.0.1