Newbie: Truth values (three-valued logic)

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Fri Jun 18 11:01:11 EDT 1999

Hi All--

Greg Ewing wrote:

> Olaf Delgado wrote:
> >
> > Next time I'll want to redefine 'and' and 'or'.
>
> You could use '*' and '+', if you always know
> when you're dealing with a 3-valued boolean
> (troolean? trillian?).

Triskelion!

> By the way, I think Python 2.0 should let you define
> new infix operators -- and design new characters to
> represent them! We all have bitmapped screens now --
> there's no reason why we should be restricted to a
> fixed character set any more...

Ah, yes.  I can see it now.  Little Mayan glyphs peppering everyone's
screens.  ``The "'Ahaw" operator is logically equivalent to the 'doit'
command in GNUScript.''  World domination is close!

<pop-goes-the-ahaw>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70