IDLE interacting w Shell

Hoon Yoon hyoon at bigfoot.com
Thu Jun 10 15:03:31 EDT 1999

Hi,

   I am trying to use IDLE somewhat like Emacs. I can't use Emacs
because some of Numpy Code will stop and kill the shell on Emacs when
certain errors occur. Not to mention IDLE is a lot lighter.
  Every time I hit F5 or 'Edit|Run module' I get an output window. I
want to get the run results and direct to shell like Emacs' C-c C-c,
instead of getting an output window.
  for exaple: if I have following in Editor and press F5
import os
  I would like to see following working on the shell:
>> dir(os)

  Any help would be much appreciated!

S. Hoon Yoon (Quant) Merrill Lynch Equity Trading,
yelled at yahoo.com hoon at bigfoot.com(w)
"Miracle is always only few standard deviations away, but so is
catastrophe."
* Expressed opinions are often my own, but NOT my employer's.
"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."    Mauldin