Crawling Python

MK mark at _spamspamlovelyspam_btweng.krakow.pl
Fri Jun 18 14:00:52 EDT 1999

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:02:39 -0400, "Tim Peters" <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

>> PS. I have tried the same thing in DOS executable -- above does
>> not happen.

>Sure, and in return none of IDLE's history, undo/redo, searching, replacing,
>scrolling or editing cmds work in a DOS box either <wink>.

True, that's not what I meant, however -- whether it is Python or IDLE that
is affected by the problem. Since Python itself is OK, no problem.

Strangling IDLE continued:

in DOS box I tried

>>> s=''
>>> for i in range(10000):
...     s=s+`range(i,i+20)`

>>> len(s)
1178515

and everything is OK.

While the same loop in IDLE crashed it (I mean it hangs for some period, then it
stops responding and has to be killed).

MK

Reality is something that does not disappear after
you cease believing in it - VALIS, Philip K. Dick

Delete _spamspamlovelyspam_ from address to email me

postmaster at 127.0.0.1
root at 127.0.0.1
webmaster at 127.0.0.1