Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

Mike C. Fletcher Mike.C..Fletcher at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Wed Jun 30 23:25:28 EDT 1999

From: "Mike C. Fletcher" <mfletch at vrtelecom.com>

There is a binary distribution of the python version in the FTP directory,
very nice package.  I'm thinking of rewriting my (few) GUI applications
tonight and ditching tkinter entirely.  Documentation seems rather sparse,
but since everything looks fairly simple, it might be doable.

Note, the OpenGL demos are dependent on PyOpenGL.  This should be mentioned
somewhere.

My only other comment is that the window-dragging border in the demos looks
like static (i.e. noise), instead of a controlled GUI element.  Installation
went flawlessly, was able to run the demos in less than a few minutes after
download.

Enjoy,
Mike