Using CVS under Win95

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Jun 6 14:04:50 EDT 1999

[Emile van Sebille]
> I've downloaded CVS and appear to have successfully compiled it using MS
> C++5.0.

Do yourself a favor and use Cyclic's precompiled Windows distribution.

> I'm trying to access the python source per (session paste follows):
>
> D>cvs -d :pserver:pythoncvs at cvs.python.org:/projects/cvsroot login
> (Logging in to pythoncvs at cvs.python.org)
> CVS.EXE [login aborted]: could not find out home directory

Ya, I vaguely remember this.  Went away after setting a bunch of environment
vrbls for CVS's benefit ...

set HOMEDRIVE=d:
set HOMEPATH=\hugga
set CVSROOT=:local:d:\hugga

Why on earth I installed it into d:\hugga will forever remain a mystery even
to me, but having done so CVS wants to be told about it in multiple
redundant ways <wink>.

linux-isn't-nearly-as-much-fun-ly y'rs  - tim