pyGTK on Windows

Jim Meier fatjim at home.com
Thu Jun 3 13:37:12 EDT 1999

Nahuel wrote:

> Hi, im about to do a cross-plataform GUI application in Linux and
> Windoze... i must
> choose the GUI toolkit.. my question is .. can i use pyGTK under
> Windows???
>
> (I need a gui that can display a table with about 4000 lines without
> crashing (not like Tk :))

For now, GTK is strictly a unix toolkit. There are some ports to
windows, but most require an X server. I did run across one that didn't
require X, but I lost it's address. It was very alpha anyways.

I don't know what your best bet is, but try searching deja.com for keys
like "toolkit", "tkinter", "pyGTK" and "wxPython". That last one sounds
like it might be your answer, but I've never tried it.

-Jim