fork()

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Fri Jun 11 09:55:50 EDT 1999

    Guido> Could we get away with not calling (user) finalizers on
    Guido> objects in trash cycles at all?

    Guido> We'd still get complaints "my __del__ doesn't get called"
    Guido> from some users

It's more mechanism, but if you go this far, it's probably best to
call __del__ exactly once for each object, as Tim suggests.  It's what
Java people know and love, and it seems to make more sense than it
never getting called.

-Barry