Grimoire [was: How do I defect?]

David Ascher da at ski.org
Wed Jun 9 23:56:31 EDT 1999

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Matthew Dixon Cowles wrote:

> > So how do I defect from Perl to Python?  I
> > have the Programming Python book on order.
> > What can I read to get started ASAP?

The tutorial is what I recommend you get started with. However, I'd like
to also put a little plug for a new document I discovered by accident
(well, surfing =). Andrew Kuchling is too modest to advertise it, but his
Python Grimoire is a good document to get a feel for common tasks in
Python. It's at:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/grimoire/

It's a good thing to read just after the tutorial.

Cheers,

--david ascher