Environment inheritance under Windows NT

Milton L. Hankins mlh at swl.msd.ray.com
Mon Jun 21 17:49:15 EDT 1999

Python doesn't seem to pick up the environment from its parent process
under Windows NT.

If I set an EV (environment variable) in the Windows NT System control
panel applet, then run a command prompt and use the SET command to change
the variable's value, then run Python at that same command prompt,
os.environ reflects the old (control panel) value of the EV.

setlocal and endlocal do not appear to help.

Am I simply expecting Windows to behave too much like UNIX here?

(Please Cc your response to me.)

--
              Milton L. Hankins              \\  ><> Ezekiel 18:21 ><>
Software Engineer, Raytheon Systems Company  //  <mlh at swl.msd.ray.com>