[tkinter] two questions regarding Canvas

Joseph Robertson jmrober1 at ingr.com
Wed Jun 2 13:12:34 EDT 1999

Sure does,  heres some relevant clips.  Sorry I couldn't send the whole
thing but its too big.
I have a class that creates the canvas, then I set the binding:

def __init__(self)
self.canvas.bind('<Button-1>', self.CellClick)

Heres the working method:
def CellClick(self, event):
        self.canvas.delete('rect')
        cellbbox = self.canvas.bbox('current')
        self.canvas.create_rectangle(cellbbox, outline='blue',
tags='rect')

Now I don't have it editable yet, I am using this,
    item = self.canvas.create_text(xpos, ypos,  text=field, font=self.f)

in a loop to put data onto the canvas.

I'm sure that creating a hidden Entry and the moving it and making it
visible would work fine, or don't move it and make a 'status line' type
of data editing, like Lotus did.

Good Luck,
Joe