Newbie: easy filecopy?

Fred L. Drake fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue Jun 15 11:02:18 EDT 1999

Holger Jannsen writes:
 > I couldn't believe it. I think there must be an easy copy-function
 > in python (I only want to copy files under ext2- or FAT-FileSystems).
 > Call me "4 blind mice"-Joey, but I couldn't find it.

  Yes.  As someone has pointed out, the shutil module contains the
beast you're looking for.
  The Index of the Library Reference manual is often pretty helpful
about things like this (not the Module Index, the general Index).
Just click on the "i" icon at the top of any page of the library
reference if you're using the HTML version.  The index may be long,
but I'm told it isn't too shabby.
  (If anyone thinks additional entries are needed, send a note telling
what they are and where they should link to in the manual to
python-docs at python.org; this kind of suggestion is usually well
received by the damn fool^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H poor bloke who receives
mail at that address.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>